For the third consecutive year, oikos and UNDP are pleased to announce the hosting of the “oikos UNDP Young Scholars Development Academy“, to be held in the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) in Bangalore, India, from 21-26 August 2011.
The theme of this 2011 edition, “From Models to Markets for Inclusive Development”, aims to attract papers fostering new ideas and solutions how businesses, governments and other stakeholders can build markets that build on local capabilities, include the poor and create opportunities for sustainable development.
The Academy will provide PhD students and young scholars working on poverty and sustainable development from a management or economics perspective a platform to present and discuss their ongoing research projects with fellow students and senior faculty.
The programme will encompass graduate student presentations, guest lectures, professional development roundtables and social events. Feedback will be given by fellow students and five well-reputed researchers:
- Ana-Maria Peredo, University of Victoria, Canada
- Harry Barkema, London School of Economics, UK
- Johanna Mair, IESE Business School, Spain
- Sourav Mukherji, IIM Bangalore, India
- Raghavan Srinivasan, IIM Bangalore, India
To allow in-depth discussions, the oikos UNDP Young Scholars Development Academy is always limited to 15 PhD students and young scholars working on poverty and development from a management or economics perspective. The fee is CHF 400. The oikos Foundation for Economy and Ecology will cover the total cost of accommodation, food and excursions [NB: Travel grants are likely to be available for a few developing country selected participants based on specific needs and available budget].
Please note that only applications from PhD students currently enrolled in a PhD programme and young scholars who have already received their PhD and work in post-doc or similar research positions are eligible. The deadlines are as follows:
- Submission of applications (including 2-pages paper abstract, short curriculum vitae and letter of interest) by 31 March 2011
- Notification of selected candidates by 15 April 2011
- Submission of final papers for circulation to academy participants by 15 June 2011
For more details, please download the full Call for Papers or visit the oikos UNDP Young Scholars Development Academy website.